Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP)
The United Way of El Paso County in anticipation of funding for phase 30 of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program is now taking applications.
The local board will determine how funds awarded to the jurisdiction of El Paso County will be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in this area. The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds under this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local organizations wishing to apply must:
- be a private voluntary nonprofit
- have an accounting system
- practice nondiscrimination
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs and
- if they are private voluntary board, they must have a voluntary board.
Only qualifying agencies who have completed mandated training may apply.
For further information, please contact Guadalupe M. Arellano at 533-2434.
Applications can be downloaded below or picked up at:
United Way of El Paso County,
El Paso, TX 79901